Cash App is a mobile payment service that allows you to send and receive money on your smartphone. The was developed by Square Inc, and has been in operation since 2011.
The app is primarily available in the US and the UK and has over 36 million active users in 2021 alone.
How To Open A Cash App In Nigeria?
Cash App is not available to Nigerian citizens, the app is primarily available to UK and American citizens and people living in America. But if you have friends or other family members living in the US and would like to receive money from them in Nigeria using Cash App, there is a work around you can use.
You will need a VPN and also an American phone number to complete your registration.
Requirement For Opening the Cash App Account in Nigeria
- Find a good VPN that has a US server enabled; a VPN connection to an American server will make your connection appear as if you are browsing the internet from the United States. A strong VPN like Norton gives you seven free days of trial upon activation.
- Create validly and working Email address. A simple Gmail will do.
- Buy working US Mobile Phone Number.
- Finally, download the Cash app.
How To Verify Cash App Account in Nigeria
After downloading and installing the Cash App on your phone using a VPN connected to a US server, the next thing is to register and verify your account.
Because Cash App is a finance app that deals with money, it requires some KYC information from its users. Here’s how to go about it;
- Fill out the required form. Choose email verification.
- A 6-digit confirmation code will be sent to your email, retrieve it to confirm your account.
- After clicking on submit, you will be redirected to the next page where you will be asked to enter your debit or credit card info. See how to open an American bank account and get a credit card.
- Next, enter your full name and click the next button. Then now choose your CashTag ID. This Id is the id that you will share with others to receive money.
- Enter a valid US residential address. Your address should be in the format 335 Fremont Road, San Francisco, with zip code 94105.
- Your account is ready to receive and send limited funds. You can add a photograph, change your number and email address if you have the need to.
Cash App Transaction Limitation
With CashApp, you can send up to $250 within 7 days, and receive up to $500 within any 7 days.
If you send or receive funds more than the stipulated limit, you will be prompted to verify your record with your complete name, date of birth, and address to keep Cash App secure.
How to Withdraw From Cash App in Nigeria
You can follow the steps in this article to open a US bank account and get a credit card and also use same to withdraw from Cash App in Nigeria.
Alternatively, you can also use the bitcoin withdrawal to withdraw to your binance wallet, and subsequently withdraw to your bank account since binance is still available in Nigeria.
With it, you will have the option to withdraw as high as $2,000 each day and $5,000 each week as your threshold limit for cash app Bitcoin withdrawal.
In any case, if you are using the card cash out method, you can withdraw as high as $25,000 each week.
How To Verify Cash App Account
Cash App verification requires official documents such as driving license, International identification, Work ID, and or school id card. This documents must be from the United States.
So snap and output your ID appropriately before submitting to cash app, They are exceptionally sensitive as far as the verification interaction.
You will be requested to provide your telephone number (note: US phone number) if haven’t already done so. You can get some virtual numbers online.
Alternatives Way For Cash App Verification In Nigeria
Cash App verification in Nigeria can be very difficult, a simpler alternative might be to get a friend or relative living in the US to verify an account for you using their documents.
If you are unable to meet up with these requirements, you can try other means of receiving payments like receiving funds directly into your domiciliary account using wire transfer. Other apps like Payoneer allow Nigerians to receive payments directly from anywhere in the world.