9Credit Loan App Review: instant personal loans in Nigeria
9Credit is a Nigerian digital lending mobile based personal loans platform. The loan app provides collateral free online loan services to meet customer’s financial needs for various requirements ranging from purchase of mobile phones, medical needs, bill payments etc.
The loans offered on this platform are for personal use and short-term, usually starting at 8 days for first time borrowers.
9credit has been on the play store for a while now, with over 1million downloads and mixed reviews from users. The app uses AI to collect prospective customers information including phone records, bank transaction alerts, BVN to build the credit score of each borrower.
To qualify for a loan or higher amounts, be sure to keep good bank transaction messages on your phone and do not have outstanding debts with other loan apps!
How to Download and Apply for 9credit loan
- Download the 9Credit App exclusively available on the Google Playstore and install on your Android phone.
- Register an account with your phone number.
- Fill in basic information, including your residential address, next of kin and employment details
- You will also be required to provide your Biometric verification number BVN.
- Bind your ATM card to your account to increase your chances and get a higher loan amount.
- A one-time password OTP will be sent to your phone to confirm your details.
- After the submission of your loan application, the algorithm will analyze your credit score and the final result will be shown in the APP.
- If approved, the loan amount will be disbursed into the bank account directly.
- Loan disbursement on 9Credit is done automatically, so the whole process should take less than 5 minutes.
What are the requirements?
- Be a Nigerian citizen or legal Resident.
- Be between the age of 22 years old.
- Have a Monthly income source.
- Bind your ATM card to your account
- Provide details of two of your next of kins including their phone numbers.
- Have a good credit score with no outstanding loans from other lenders.
- Have an active Nigerian bank account.
9Credit loan app interest rate?
Loan Amount: from NGN 3,000 to NGN 100,000;
Tenure: from 62 to 120 days; Interest Rate: 0.07% per day (25.55% per annum);
Processing Fee: Ranges from NGN 90 ~ NGN 2,000 for one-time charge, which depends on the loan amount and the application details;
GST: 18% of the Processing Fee in accordance with the policy and laws;
APR: Up to 74.2% (Annual Percentage Rate including Interest, Processing Fee and GST);
For a 62-day loan of NGN10,000 for 2 months with interest rate @25.55% per annum,
Interest = NGN10,000 * 25.55% / 365 * 62 = NGN434
Processing Fee = NGN620
GST = NGN620 * 18% = NGN111
The total amount to be paid = Loan Amount + Interest + Processing Fee + GST = NGN10,000 + NGN 434 + NGN 620 + NGN 111.6 = NGN 11,165.
APR = (NGN 11,165.6 – NGN 10,000) / NGN 10,000 / 62 * 365 = 68.62%
This interest rate and tenure is just as an example, expect your loan amount and period to be significantly lower if you’re borrowing for the first time. You can increase your amount by keeping good records and paying back loan on time.
Is 9Credit loan app legit or scam?
Yes, 9Credit Loan app is legit and does give out loans to customers but with extremely high interest rates most especially for first time borrowers. Read other customer’s reviews on play store before you apply for a loan.
You should know that these loan apps are not registered or regulated by the CBN or any government agency in Nigeria. You are responsible for the security of your transactions with them and there is no way to seek redress for poor customer service.
Also its availability on Google play store does not make transactions performed on it secure. The play store merely provides an avenue for download, you are responsible for your own security while using loan apps in Nigeria.
Loan application process is absolutely secure and safe. 9Credit promises never to share customer’s information with anyone without consent.
What will happen if I don’t repay my loan or pay my loan late?
Late loan repayments automatically incur a fee of 2% per day. It is therefore advised that one does not exceed the due date. Repay the loan by its due date allows you to access larger loan sizes. Late repayments will affect your ability to get subsequent or larger loans. If you are very late on your payments, you will be reported to the First Central Credit Bureau. Blacklisting by the First Central Credit Bureau may affect your ability to borrow from other lenders.
What 9Credit loan app can improve?
9Credit app is relatively easy to use with fewer bugs compared to other loan apps in Nigeria, the loan application process is easy and straightforward.
However, the interest rate charged on this app is a bit on the high side. First time borrowers usually get N4000 to payback N6000 within 8 days.
The customer service experience on 9Credit app is also horrible, customer service reps from this app will call to embarrass you and also send embarrassing messages to your contacts should you default on your loan.
9Credit denies responsibility for these embarrassing calls and said loan recovery is outsourced to a different company. Either way, don’t default on your loan and be careful while taking a loan from this lender.
9Credit loan app customer service number
Address:lawal street, oregun, ikeja, Nigeria;