Ecobank, the panAfrican bank through it’s Express Point agent banking is offering individuals and those with existing businesses an easy way to earn extra income by earning a commission on each transaction they perform in their local communities.
Xpress Points are Ecobank approved agent locations that bring easy banking services closer to the neighborhood and at the same time offer job opportunities and an opportunity for extra income for those with existing businesses.
Ecobank Xpress Point Agents are middlemen who offer simple banking services including cash deposit and withdrawals, interbank transfer, bill payment, and international remittances on behalf of Ecobank.
Ecobank has operations in the following African countries: Benin, Cameroon, Gabon, Guinea Conakry, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Liberia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, The Gambia, Togo, Uganda, and Zimbabwe. Xpress point agents can send and receive international remittances from from fellow agents abroad.
- 1 How To Become an Xpress Point Agent
- 2 Who is Eligible Ecobank Xpress™ Point Agent?
- 3 Services offered by Xpress point agents
- 4 What are the Requirements for Xpress™ Point Agent?
- 5 How to Get Ecobank POS
How To Become an Xpress Point Agent
The process of becoming an Xpress Point agent is very straight forward, you can complete the whole process online or visit any Ecobank branch for more clarification. Follow the steps below.
- Visit the Ecobank Xpress Point registration portal
- Fill the merchant form
- Select Level of Education
- Enter a contact phone number
- Chose your type of business
- Enter the number of business locations you have
- Chose your device type (desktop, laptop, smartphone)
- Read and agree to Terms and Conditions
- Tick the reCAPTCHA button to indicate you are not a robot.
- Click Submit.
- Once your application is received, An Ecobank representative will contact you within 72 hours.
To follow-up on your application. Call 01-277 2901 or email EngAgencySupport@ecobank.com
Who is Eligible Ecobank Xpress™ Point Agent?
Ecobank Xpress Point Agent is open to any individuals and existing registered businesses that operate in locations with a traceable address.
However, the following business types are exempted from serving as agents:
- Bureaux De Change (BDCs)
- Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs)
- Faith-based Organisations (Churches, Mosques etc.)
- Educations Organisations (Schools, Institutes)
- Not-for-profit Organisations.
Services offered by Xpress point agents
There’re lots of services Ecobank Xpress Point offers to customers. They include:
- Opening of Ecobank Xpress Account
- Withdraw funds from your Ecobank Xpress Account
- Deposit funds into your bank account
- Transfer funds to any bank, both locally and internationally in selected locations via Rapid Transfer, Western Union, Ria, Money Gram, Vigo, Unity Link.
- Pay bills (TV, internet, utilities, etc.)
- Top up your airtime
- Redeem Xpress Cash e-token
- Reload Ecobank Cash Xpress (Prepaid) Card
What are the Requirements for Xpress™ Point Agent?
To be eligible as an Ecobank Xpress Point agent, applicants must have the following Equipments
- A desktop with an internet connection
- An Android-enabled device with operation system version 5.0 to enable the download of Agent App
- A feature phone for USSD transactions
- CCTV and printer/copier (for international transfer agents only)
How much Capital do I need to register as an Xpress Point agent?
Intending agents must have a Minimum initial float balance of =N=10,000 (Ten Thousand Naira)
Documentation needed for registration
- Passport photograph
- Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- Valid means of identification: National ID (NIN Card), Driver’s License, Permanent Voter’s Card (PVC) or International Passport
- Utility bill of Agent’s operating address (not more than 3 months)
- Two (2) current/corporate account references or duly completed Character Reference Form
- For corporates/SMEs only:
- Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) Documents for Registered Companies/certificate of registration
- TIN Number/Tax Certificate for Registered Companies
How to Get Ecobank POS
Ecobank says it has installed more than 14,000 Cashless Payment of Sales (POS) machines at different stores and vendor locations, and they are continually rolling out more agent across countries in Africa.
To get a POS machine from Ecobank, you need to open an account (preferably current or corporate account or even savings account) with them if you dont have one. The bank will give you a free POS when you connect you account to an Xpress Point