Are you in one of those situations where you have excess airtime on your phone and are wondering if only you can convert them into actual money in your bank account? Here is a service that helps you do just that.
Recharge2Cash is a Nigerian service that allows you to convert your airtime to cash. The money will be sent into your bank account. In this post, you will learn how to use Recharge2Cash to exchange airtime for cash, how to withdraw to your bank account, and lots more.
A family member might send a large amount of airtime to you as a gift. And who knows, you might not need the airtime. Maybe what you need is money.
Also, sometimes, you might mistakenly buy more airtime than you want from your bank. The most common cause is the addition of an extra zero by mistake.
For instance, if you want to top-up airtime worth ₦1,000, you might mistakenly load ₦10,000 by adding an extra zero.
This is not a rare thing among Nigerians. It’s something that happens regularly. Although most victims probably won’t make the mistake again, other people can still make it.
That’s where Recharge2Cash comes into play. You can convert your excess airtime back to cash. All you need to do is create an account and follow the instructions. The money will be sent to your bank account.
Benefits of using Recharge2Cash
- You can convert excess airtime to cash anytime you like
- Recharge2Cash is one of the fastest airtime converters in Nigeria. The money will be credited to your bank account within 5 to 15 minutes
- You can buy data subscriptions at low prices through the Recharge2Cash app. The data will be sent to your phone number immediately
- Recharge2Cash has low exchange rates. 20% for MTN airtime to cash, 25% for 9Mobile credit and 35% for Airtel and Glo airtime
- 1 Is it safe to use Recharge2Cash, is the service legit?
- 2 What recharge2cash can improve?
- 3 Requirements to open a Recharge2Cash account
- 4 How to create your Recharge2Cash account
- 5 Recharge2Cash mobile app download
- 6 How to convert your airtime to cash on the Recharge2Cash app
- 7 How to withdraw money from Recharge2Cash into your bank account
- 8 Recharge2Cash service fees
- 9 Recharge2Cash customer care and email address
Is it safe to use Recharge2Cash, is the service legit?
Yes, Recharge2cash is legit, over 100k Nigerians have used their service so far with hardly any complain.
Many Nigerians have claimed to be defrauded by many airtime converters. Some converters will accept the airtime and send only half-payments, or even nothing at all.
What recharge2cash can improve?
The service is not instant, some customers have complained of sending airtime to a number they were given and processing the transaction took several hours.
Customer service on this app is also poor, several customers have complained that their complaints go unanswered or that the support contacts mostly don’t respond in most cases.
Requirements to open a Recharge2Cash account
To make use of Recharge2Cash, you have to meet some requirements. During the registration process, you will need to provide the following details.
- Your Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- Email address
- A valid phone number will be needed (It should be the phone number that contains the airtime you want to convert)
- Your full name and date of birth
- You will also need to provide your home address
- A means of National Identification
Kindly note that:
- Your BVN and identity details might not be requested during registration
- After creating your account, navigate to your profile
- Click on account verification and then update your BVN and identity documents
- Even if you register your account without BVN and identification, you still won’t be able to convert airtime to cash unless you provide the details.
This is done as a precautionary measure so that people that sell stolen airtime can be identified and traced.
How to create your Recharge2Cash account
To open a Recharge2Cash account, you can visit the official website and sign up
Visit Recharge2cash.com.ng to login and get started
You can also download the Recharge2Cash mobile app.
Recharge2Cash mobile app download
You can download the Recharge2Cash mobile app from the Google Play Store.
It has a small size of 12 MB and over 100,000 downloads. It currently has a review rating of 4.0 from over 1,900 users.
How to convert your airtime to cash on the Recharge2Cash app
Follow the steps below to convert your airtime.
- Navigate to the “Airtime to Cash” page
- Select the network you want to convert
- Input the amount of airtime you want to convert and the phone number the airtime is in
- On the next page, you will see a phone number. You will be instructed to transfer the airtime to that number
- Ensure you send the airtime to that number within 6 minutes. Once you send it, go back to the Recharge2Cash app and then click on “Convert Airtime”
To avoid complications, make sure that:
The phone number you wrote in the form is the same number that sends the airtime
The airtime amount you provided in the form must correspond with the amount you send to the number. Not more, not less
How to withdraw money from Recharge2Cash into your bank account
Once your airtime conversion is successful, you can withdraw the money into your bank account. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the withdrawal page
- Add your account details. This includes the account name, number and the bank name
- Set your Recharge2Cash security code. This is to prevent other people from withdrawing money without your consent
- Your bank account will be credited within 5 to 15 minutes
- Other things to note on the Recharge2Cash to cash app
- You are allowed to use only one bank account for your Recharge2Cash account, and it cannot be changed
- To change it, you will have to contact the customer care service and explain the reason
- You must add your profile picture, home address and personal phone number before you can withdraw your cash
- Virtual Top-up (VTU) is not accepted as a means of converting airtime to cash
- Stolen or fraudulent airtime is not allowed and will get you arrested if discovered
- In cases where you have a large amount of airtime, you are only allowed to convert ₦20,000 airtime to cash per hour
Recharge2Cash service fees
- 20% for MTN
- 25% for 9Mobile credit
- 35% for Airtel
- 35% for Glo
For bank transfers, Recharge2Cash charges:
₦100 for MTN
Zero Naira for Airtel, 9Mobile and Glo
Recharge2Cash customer care and email address
Email address: email@example.com