SoftPay Loan App Review: Intelligent lending platform in Nigeria
SoftPay loan app is a Nigerian lending service that uses artificial intelligence to analyze customers’credit score and make disbursement in no time. The smartphone app allows users to borrow up to ₦10,000 unsecured with no collateral and minimal documentation.
An unsecured loan is a type of loan that does not require collateral or downpayment to obtain. It is usually short-term with very high interest rates.
Do not borrow from an online loan app to fund your lifestyle. Short-term loans are helpful in emergencies but can quite expensive when compared to long-term loans and should be used with care.
SoftPay loan app makes getting a personal loan simple by using the data on your phone including your information to verify your identity and create a credit score.
Getting a loan in Nigeria through the banks and other official sources can be time consuming and requires documentation like collateral which most people don’t have. Which is why services like this can be very useful especially during emergency.
Although the app is still relatively new, customer’s review is encouraging. The app has so far gained over 10k downloads on Google play store with mixed reviews. It uses a loan software to collect prospective customers information including phone records, banking transaction alerts, BVN to build the credit score of each borrower.
To qualify for higher amounts, be sure to keep good bank transaction messages on your phone and do not have outstanding debts with other loan apps!
How to Download APK and get a loan from SoftPay loan app
- Download the SoftPay personal Loan App exclusively available on the Google Playstore and install on your Android phone.
- Register an account with your phone number.
- Preferably the phone number connected to your BVN as a one time password will be sent to it for verification.
- Fill in your basic Know-your-customer KYC information, including your residential address, next of kin and employment details
- You will also be required to provide your Biometric verification number BVN.
- You’ll be charged N30 to bind your ATM card to your account to increase your chances and get a higher loan amount.
- A one-time password OTP will be sent to your phone to confirm your details.
- After the submission of your loan application, the software will analyze your credit score and the final result will be shown in the APP.
- The result should be displayed in less than two minutes and if you qualify for a loan, the loan amount will be disbursed into the bank account directly.
- Make sure you’re using a good phone with enough memory space as you will be required to take a clear live selfie for identity.
Note that binding your ATM card with N30 does not guarantee that you will get a loan, you still have to pass the credit score check.
The N30 charged to bind your ATM card to your account is refundable, but can take anywhere from 7 to 12 business days for the money to be refunded back to your bank account.
Your BVN is linked to your credit score, so if you have an outstanding loan with other lenders or didn’t pay other lenders as at when due, expect your application to be rejected.
Your credit score is a record of your previous borrowings, how early or late you make your payments, cash transactions going in and out of your bank account among other information.
When you download this app you have to consent to it to get access to your phone book contacts that will serve as your guarantors, SMS to see your banking transaction records, apps on your phone to see how you use other loan apps and other details it uses to build your credit score.
Is SoftPay loan app legit or scam?
Yes, SoftPay loan app is a legit loan app that gives micro loans to a maximum amount of N30,000 to customers, but has really high interest rates and bugs that prevents smooth registration. caution should be taken before taking any online loan. Always read other customer’s reviews before you apply for a loan in Nigeria.
You should know that these loan apps are not registered or regulated by the CBN or any government agency in Nigeria. You are responsible for the security of your transactions with them and there is no way to seek redress for poor customer service.
Also its availability on Google play store does not make transactions performed on it secure. The play store merely provides an avenue for download, you are responsible for your own security while using loan apps in Nigeria.
- Easy and smooth registration process.
- Does not defame customers when they come short in repaying their loans unlike most loan apps operating in Nigeria.
- Can be used by students in times of emergency
- It’s legit, has been confirmed by admin that they actually do give loans.
- Completely online with no collateral required.
- High loan amount, up to 30k.
- Takes time to disburse loans after approval, some customers take days even weeks before seeing alert.
- Short loan duration especially for new users, starts at just 7 days.
- Very high interest rates on small loan amounts.
- High rejection rate.
- The app only works on Android smartphones.
- Relatively low maximum amount of just 30k
When taking loan, be mindful of the repayment plan. If you take a 60 days loan with two repayment installments, the app might attempt to auto debit you on the due date of the first installment and even charge overdue charges before the end of your 60 days tenure.
You can change your ATM card password to prevent auto debit. This app has been reported to deliberately auto debit their customers even after they have made payments via bank transfer.
Because there is no regulations in Nigeria, most of these apps are loan sharks who might threaten to send messages to your family members calling you a scammer if you default on your repayment. It is best to avoid these apps if you have other options.
If you’re being threatened or bullied by any loan shark in Nigeria, see this Facebook group where you can find support and read about the experience of others who have suffered bullying from loan apps.
what other borrowers are saying about Softpay loan app
Praise Oses wrote, “Although the application process is smooth, but they are very funny. Since they know there will be no loan approval, why then deducting card binding fee? They are just using this media to collect people’s money. This is purely nonsense 👎👎👎👎👎”
GIDEON JOHNNY wrote, “The app is an easy going and convenient to process to loan. Yet to receive my loan applied for. This is a good app without any difficulty.”
Franklin Doupere wrote, “This app is good for easy registration and disbursement but the interest rate is on the top of a chilling please you guys have to work on your interest rate thank you. I gave 3 star.” See more borrowers’ reviews here. Note that this app uses a lot of fake reviews on play store. App developers sometimes buy fake reviews to boost the ranking of their apps on the play store but some do it with malicious intent to deceive potential customers.
Loans service rate:6% to 24%, monthly interest 0.5%, the annual percentage rate (APR) on a softpay loan is 12%~30%.
If you apply for a loan of NGN10,000, the term is 120 days and the annual Service fee is 28% and the Loan interest is 0%.So our APR is 28%
So the daily Service fee rate=28%/365=0.077%, the Service fee for 120 days =NGN10,000×28%/365×120= NGN921, the should repayment=NGN10,000+NGN921= NGN10,921.
Note that this interest rate and loan duration is just an example, expect your actual loan and duration to be much lower, but you can improve it by paying back your loan on time and keeping a good credit record.
- Be a legal citizen or legal Resident of Nigeria
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a Monthly income source.
- Bind your ATM card to your account
- Provide details of two of your next of kins including their phone numbers.
- Have a good credit score with no outstanding loans from other lenders.
- Have an active bank account.
- Your phone number must be the one connected to your BVN.
- Have a valid government issued ID card.
SoftPay app customer service number
- Service Hotline: 2348034063318 (9am – 6pm(Mon-Fri), Sat-9am-5pm)
- Customer Service Email: SoftPaysever@outlook.com
- Address:45 Adedoyin Rd, Lawanson 101241,Lagos, Nigeria