CashPaddie Loan App Review: online loan app in Nigeria
CashPaddie loan app is a Nigerian lending service that offers safe and fast loans. The smartphone app allows users to borrow up to ₦50,000 unsecured with no collateral and minimal documentation.
An unsecured loan is a type of loan that does not require collateral or downpayment to obtain. It is usually short-term with very high interest rates.
Do not borrow from an online loan app to fund your lifestyle. Short-term loans are helpful in emergencies but can quite expensive when compared to long-term loans and should be used with care.
CashPaddie loan app makes getting a personal loan simple by using the data on your phone including your information to verify your identity and create a credit score.
Getting a loan in Nigeria through the banks and other official sources can be time consuming and requires documentation like collateral which most people don’t have. Which is why services like this can be very useful especially during emergency.
Although the app is still relatively new, customer’s review is encouraging. The app has so far gained over 10k downloads on Google play store with mixed reviews. It uses a loan software to collect prospective customers information including phone records, banking transaction alerts, BVN to build the credit score of each borrower.
To qualify for higher amounts, be sure to keep good bank transaction messages on your phone and do not have outstanding debts with other loan apps!
How to Download APK and get a loan from CashPaddie loan app
- Download the CashPaddie personal Loan App available on the Google Playstore and install on your Android phone.
- Register an account with your phone number.
- Preferably the phone number connected to your BVN as a one time password will be sent to it for verification.
- Fill in your basic Know-your-customer KYC information, including your residential address, next of kin and employment details.
- You will also be required to provide your Biometric verification number BVN.
- You’ll be charged N30 to bind your ATM card to your account to increase your chances and get a higher loan amount.
- A one-time password OTP will be sent to your phone to confirm your details.
- After the submission of your loan application, the software will analyze your credit score and the final result will be shown in the APP.
- The result should be displayed in less than two minutes and if you qualify for a loan, the loan amount will be disbursed into the bank account in about 5 minutes.
- Make sure you’re using a good phone with enough memory space as you will be required to take a clear live selfie for identification.
Note that binding your ATM card with N30 does not guarantee that you will get a loan, you still have to pass the credit score check.
The N30 charged to bind your ATM card to your account is refundable, but can take anywhere from 7 to 12 business days for the money to be refunded back to your bank account.
Your BVN is linked to your credit score, so if you have an outstanding loan with other lenders or didn’t pay other lenders as at when due, expect your application to be rejected.
Your credit score is a record of your previous borrowings, how early or late you make your payments, cash transactions going in and out of your bank account among other information.
When you download this app you have to consent to it to get access to your phone book contacts that will serve as your guarantors, SMS to see your banking transaction records, apps on your phone to see how you use other loan apps and other details it uses to build your credit score.
Although CashPaddie does give loans to some customers, others have complained that the app deducted money from their banks after binding their ATM cards, be careful when using this loan app.
Is CashPaddie loan app legit or scam?
Yes, CashPaddie loan app is a legit loan app that gives micro and medium term loans up to a maximum amount of N50,000 to customers, but has really high interest rates and bugs that prevents smooth registration. caution should be taken before taking any online loan. Always read other customer’s reviews before you apply for a loan in Nigeria.
You should know that these loan apps are not registered or regulated by the CBN or any government agency in Nigeria. You are responsible for the security of your transactions with them and there is no way to seek redress for poor customer service.
Also its availability on Google play store does not make transactions performed on it secure. The play store merely provides an avenue for download, you are responsible for your own security while using loan apps in Nigeria.
- Easy and smooth registration process.
- Does not defame customers when they come short in repaying their loans unlike most loan apps operating in Nigeria.
- Can be used by students in times of emergency
- It’s legit, has been confirmed by admin that they actually do give loans.
- Completely online with no collateral required.
- High loan amount, up to 50k.
- Short loan duration especially for new users, starts at just 7 days.
- Very high interest rates on small loan amounts.
- High rejection rate.
- The app only works on Android smartphones.
- Networking issues that can sometimes prevent card binding.
When taking loan, be mindful of the repayment plan. If you take a 60 days loan with two repayment installments, the app might attempt to auto debit you on the due date of the first installment and even charge overdue charges before the end of your 60 days tenure.
You can change your ATM card password to prevent auto debit. This app has been reported to deliberately auto debit their customers even after they have made payments via bank transfer.
Because there is no regulations in Nigeria, most of these apps are loan sharks who might threaten to send messages to your family members calling you a scammer if you default on your repayment. It is best to avoid these apps if you have other options.
If you’re being threatened or bullied by any loan shark in Nigeria, see this Facebook group where you can find support and read about the experience of others who have suffered bullying from loan apps.
What other borrowers are saying about Cashpaddie loan app
Tuoyo eyione Peter wrote, “Bad and useless app, they keep calling contacts before your due date, i hate this app so much, i dont advice anyone to download this trash, you don’t deserve one star, idiot.”
Olubukola Adeolu wrote, “U have been great all dis while, I don’t know y u pple refused to give me a loan at d third time, I applied for loan twice and paid even b4 d due date, den I wanted to apply for anoda loan, u pple said I’m not qualify for d loan, though amount u ppls put on d dashboard isn’t want I wanted, I don’t want up to dat amount, y not reduce it, I really need it to boost my business, dats d reason I always pay b4 d due date. I will only give u 2stars den will come back to give d rem wen loan is approved.”
Ese Agbiboa wrote, “Cant even rate you half star if possible because no otp is being sent nonsense app.pls nobody should download dis app.”
Loans service rate: 6% to 24%, monthly interest 0.5%, the annual percentage rate (APR) on a 9money loan is 12%~30%.
Example:If you choose a 3-month loan and borrow NGN20,000, CashPaddie charges you service rate of 6% and interest rate of 0.5% per month. The APR is 12%. The total amount needed to repay including everything at the end of the term will only be NGN21,500.
Note that this interest rate and loan duration is just an example, expect your actual loan and duration to be much lower, but you can improve it by paying back your loan on time and keeping a good credit record.
CashPaddie app customer service number
- Message us on WhatsApp: +2347025129750
- Customer Service Email: firstname.lastname@example.org