Fair Credit is a Nigerian digital microfinance app that provides short-term personal loans among other services. Besides providing personal loans the app also comes with other features including an account number that can be used to send and receive money from anyone in Nigeria, and a bill payment platform.
The Android based app gives collateral free loan starting from N5,000 to a maximum loan amount of N100,000 with minimal documentation.
Fair Credit loan app is relatively new in the business and has so far gained over 10k downloads on Google play store with mixed reviews. It uses a loan software to collect prospective customers information including phone records, banking transaction alerts, BVN to build the credit score of each borrower.
To qualify for a loan or higher amounts, be sure to keep good bank transaction messages on your phone and do not have outstanding debts with other loan apps!
Application is simple, just download the app from Google play store, provide some information about yourself, the algorithm will analyze your information, calculate your credit score and make you a loan offer all Within a few hours.
- 1 How to Download APK and get a loan from Fair Credit loan app
- 2 Is Fair Credit Loan app legit or scam?
- 3 What Fair Credit loan app can improve?
- 4 Fair Credit loan app interest rate?
- 5 What are the requirements?
- 6 What will happen if I don’t repay my loan or pay my loan late?
- 7 Fair Credit loan app customer service number
How to Download APK and get a loan from Fair Credit loan app
- Download the Fair Credit personal Loan App exclusively available on the Google Playstore and install on your Android phone.
- Register an account with your phone number.
- Preferably the phone number connected to your BVN as a one time password will be sent to it for verification.
- Fill in your basic Kwow-your-customer KYC information, including your residential address, next of kin and employment details
- You will also be required to provide your Biometric verification number BVN.
- You’ll be charged N50 to bind your ATM card to your account to increase your chances and get a higher loan amount.
- A one-time password OTP will be sent to your phone to confirm your details.
- After the submission of your loan application, the software will analyze your credit score and the final result will be shown in the APP.
- The result should be displayed in less than two minutes and if you qualify for a loan, the loan amount will be disbursed into the bank account directly.
- Make sure you’re using a good phone with enough memory space as you will be required to take a clear live selfie for identity.
The N50 charged to bind your ATM card to your account is refundable, but can take anywhere from 7 to 12 business days for the money to be refunded back to your bank account.
Your BVN is linked to your credit score, so if you have an outstanding loan with other lenders or didn’t pay other lenders as at when due, expect your application to be rejected.
Your credit score is a record of your previous borrowings, how early or late you make your payments, cash transactions going in and out of your bank account among other information.
When you download this app you have to consent to it to get access to your phone book contacts that will serve as your guarantors, SMS to see your banking transaction records, apps on your phone to see how you use other loan apps and other details it uses to build your credit score.
Is Fair Credit Loan app legit or scam?
Yes, Fair Credit loan app is legit, tho the app is still relatively new on the play store it does give out loans to customers but caution should be taken before taking any online loan. Always read other customer’s reviews before you apply for a loan in Nigeria. The Google Play Store reviews of this app by other users is not encouraging, most of the reviews are paid fake reviews.
You should know that these loan apps are not registered or regulated by the CBN or any government agency in Nigeria. You are responsible for the security of your transactions with them and there is no way to seek redress for poor customer service.
Also its availability on Google play store does not make transactions performed on it secure. The play store merely provides an avenue for download, you are responsible for your own security while using loan apps in Nigeria.
What Fair Credit loan app can improve?
Fair Credit app buys fake reviews for it’s page on the play store, so there’s that red flag. Apps that have fake reviews are usually up to no good and should be avoided.
The app also has some serious networking issues, the registration and BVN verification stage keep crashing.
This app also doesn’t seem to have a functional customer support phone number, making it hard for users to find answers to questions they might have regarding their loans.
The loan tenure is very small, starting from just 14 days. This is lower than the 30 days minimum tenure recommended by the CBN for short term personal loan providers.
Because there is no regulations in Nigeria, most of these apps are loan sharks who might threaten to send messages to your family members calling you a scammer if you default on your repayment. It is best to avoid these apps if you have other options.
If you’re being threatened or bullied by any loan shark in Nigeria, see this Facebook group where you can find support and read about the experience of others who have suffered bullying from loan apps.
Fair Credit loan app interest rate?
Loan rates and fees
Loan Amounts: ₦ 5,000 to ₦ 500,000
One-time service / interest fee: 2%- 35%
Maximum Annual Percentage Rate (APR): 66.21% – 270.44%
Late fee: one-time fee of 8% of outstanding amount due
Minimum repayment period offered = 61 days
Maximum repayment period offered = 180 days
For a borrower who takes a ₦ 40,000 loan for our 61-day term, they would owe service / interest fee as low as 14%, which would be ₦ 5600, for a total payment of ₦ 45,600.
₦ 40,000 (principal) + ₦ 5600 (service / interest fee) = ₦ 45,600 (total payment)
This interest rate and tenure is just as an example, expect your loan amount and period to be significantly lower if you’re borrowing for the first time. You can increase your amount by keeping good records and paying back loan on time.
What are the requirements?
- Be a legal citizen or legal Resident of Nigeria
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a Monthly income source.
- Bind your ATM card to your account
- Provide details of two of your next of kins including their phone numbers.
- Have a good credit score with no outstanding loans from other lenders.
- Have an active bank account.
- Your phone number must be the one connected to your BVN.
- Have a valid government issued ID card.
What will happen if I don’t repay my loan or pay my loan late?
Late loan repayments automatically incur a fee of 2% per day. It is therefore advised that one does not exceed the due date. Repay the loan by its due date allows you to access larger loan sizes. Late repayments will affect your ability to get subsequent or larger loans. If you are very late on your payments, you will be reported to the First Central Credit Bureau. Blacklisting by the First Central Credit Bureau may affect your ability to borrow from other lenders.
Fair Credit loan app customer service number
Customer service phone: 012271660
Customer Service Email: firstname.lastname@example.org