SureCredit Loan App Review
SureCredit is a Naira cash loan app that provides micro loans for emergencies to Nigerians.
With just your BVN and an ID card, you can get a cash limit of up to #100k sent to your bank account within minutes. You do need to have a good credit score, and a good SMS banking record on your phone to qualify for higher amounts.
This loan app has so far gained over 100k downloads on the Google play store with mixed reviews. It uses loan software to collect prospective customers’ information including phone records, banking transaction alerts, and BVN to build each borrower’s credit score.
Because of their minimal documentation and no collateral requirement, online loans are very expensive with high-interest rates. They should not be taken to fund one’s lifestyle but rather should only be used for emergency needs.
How to Download APK and get a loan from SureCredit loan app
- Download the SureCredit personal Loan App exclusively available on the Google Playstore and install it on your Android phone.
- Register an account with your phone number.
- Preferably the phone number connected to your BVN as a one time password will be sent to it for verification.
- Fill in your basic Know-your-customer KYC information, including your residential address, next of kin and employment details
- You will also be required to provide your Biometric verification number BVN.
- You’ll be charged N30 to bind your ATM card to your account to increase your chances and get a higher loan amount.
- A one-time password OTP will be sent to your phone to confirm your details.
- After the submission of your loan application, the software will analyze your credit score and the final result will be shown in the APP.
- The result should be displayed in less than two minutes and if you qualify for a loan, the loan amount will be disbursed into the bank account directly.
- Make sure you’re using a good phone with enough memory space as you will be required to take a clear live selfie for identity.
The N30 charged to bind your ATM card to your account is refundable, but can take anywhere from 7 to 12 business days for the money to be refunded back to your bank account.
Your BVN is linked to your credit score, so if you have an outstanding loan with other lenders or didn’t pay other lenders as at when due, expect your application to be rejected.
Note that online loan apps are not licensed or regulated by any government agency in Nigeria, you are responsible for your own safety while taking a loan from them as there is no way to make complain about poor service.
What other borrowers are saying about SureCredit loan app
These reviews are from users on the Google play store. Most customers complained about hidden charges they were charged while applying for the loan. Most of the charges are not upfront, you can apply for an amount and a lower amount will be disbursed to your bank account with the balance calculated as interest.
Olagunju Olusola wrote, “They credited me without my approval. I tried to loan 10,000 but I was credited 6500 without approving the payment. They still added another #468.23 to the repayment making 10,468. The interest rate and the deduction they made do not tally. I tried calling their customer service but they refused to pick it up. In other words, this loan app is a complete scam. This is a total disclaimer.”
Edun Gold wrote, “Everything about sure credit is a scam, I was told I couldn’t borrow more than #10,000, but since I needed more than that I ignore it before am done I was credited with #6,500 and I called the customer service that I don’t need the money and I want to pay it back, she told me to click on repayment within a second #10,497 was deducted from my account and I called the customer service, but since then they don’t pick my calls. Please sure credit kindly return my money I needed money badly.”
Haliru Abubakar wrote, “The worst among them. They don’t give options for you to accept their offer or not. The moment you create the profile, they go ahead and credit your account with whatever they decided and tell you what to pay and when to pay. That’s scamming cleverly so people should avoid this app.”
What are the requirements?
- Be a legal citizen or legal Resident of Nigeria
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a Monthly income source.
- Bind your ATM card to your account
- Provide details of two of your next of kins including their phone numbers.
- Have a good credit score with no outstanding loans from other lenders.
- Have an active bank account.
- Your phone number must be the one connected to your BVN.
- Have a valid government issued ID card.
Eligibility:18 – 65 years old.
Loan period: we will require your repayment from 91 days to 180 days.
Loan amount: ₦ 5,000-₦ 500,000
Interest Rate: 0.5% to 3% monthly , APR 10%-35%,it depends on your credit evaluation.
If you choose an amount of ₦5,000 and the term is 180days, the total interest should be ₦5,000*12%=₦600. The total repayment amount would be ₦5,000+₦5,000*12%= ₦5,600.
Note that this interest rate is just an example, your actual interest rate on the app will depend on your credit score and how much information the app can get from your device. Keep banking SMS records on your phone to increase your chances of getting a higher loan amount.
SureCredit loan app customer service number
- Service Hotline: 018883539 (9am – 6pm(Mon-Fri), Sat-9am-5pm)
- Service Email: email@example.com
Office Address: 2-4 Tobi Lawal Rd, Lagos Mainland 101245, Lagos, Nigeria