Returning the items you bought on Jumia and getting your full refund including your initial shipping cost is one of the perks of shopping on this online store.
There are a plethora of reasons why you might need to return an item you bought online – it might be defective or have some parts missing, it might not fit or meet your quality expectation, or your situation might have changed and now you no longer need the item after delivery and payment. All these are valid reasons why you might need to return an item you bought on Jumia, afterall the online store doesn’t allow physical inspection of items until after payment.
Jumia return policy allows online shoppers to return an items up to 15 days after they have received its delivery. They will get their full refund back including any shipping costs they must have paid initially.
However, to be eligible for a return and refund, certain criteria must be met. The obvious being the item should be in the same condition as it was delivered and the return should be initiated within the 7-15 days timeline from the day the item was first delivered.
How To Return Items On Jumia
The return process starts with login into your account on the Jumia website or more efficiently, via the smartphone app.
- Click on ‘Orders’ from the drop down that appears under your name.
- A list of items you recently purchased online will be displayed.
- Go to the item you will like to return and click on ‘Request a return’.
- Select quantity.
- Select a reason for the return request from the list provided.
- provide addition description of what is wrong with the item.
- Provide your bank account details of how you will like to be refunded – the name on your account, account number and bank name.
- select the return method, an agent can come to your address within 3 days to pickup the item but it is much easier if you choose to take the item to their pickup location.
- place the item in its original packaging, including any accessories, tags, labels or freebies. Always ensure your Return Slip is signed by the colloction agents. That is your proof of return.
- Finally, once they receive your returned item, they will inspect it and process your refund via bank transfer within 5-10 working days.
Jumia Item Return & Refunds FAQs
You have up to 7-15 days from the date of delivery to process a return on eligible items purchased online.
All items purchased online can be returned except the following; underwear, adult toys, perfumes, cosmetics and jewelries. If you change your mind for phones and laptops, please ensure the seal is not broken.
No, receipts and the Jumia leather packaging are not required. If you have misplaced your receipt and Jumia return slip, don’t worry, they can print another copy for you at the drop-off location. Be sure to place the item in its original packaging, including any accessories, tags, labels or freebies that came with it.
It takes 2-5 business days for the money to reflect in your account after the returned items must have passed inspection.
Returned items will be redelivered to you if we cannot verify your reason for returning it. For example, a microwave returned for not powering-on will be tested extensively and if the claims are right, a refund will be processed, but if during the test, it powers-on, the item will be redelivered to you.
If the package was delivered to you and you requested for a pick-up, our delivery agent will call you to schedule a retrieval. There will be 2 attempts made to retrieve the item(s). If you initially picked-up your package from one of our stations or chose to drop-off at one, please take the items you wish to return to a pick-up station near you.
Once we receive your request, a pickup agent will come to your location within 3 days.
You will not be able to return an item after 7 days but if it is faulty, it may be covered under warranty. For more information on our warranty policy, go to: https://www.jumia.com.ng/warranty/
At the moment, Jumia does not offer replacement or exchange of an item; however you can still return an item and receive a full refund.
Yes, any free gift must also be returned.
There are no charges for shipping a product back to Jumia.
No, you do not have to return your entire order. You can return your choice of selected items.
Jumia is a pan-African online marketplace that offers millions of products. It has operations in 11 African countries including;
|Ivory Coast||jumia.ci||May 2012|
|South Africa||jumia.co.za||July 2012|