Africash is a money transfer service from United Bank for Africa (UBA) that allows you to securely and conveniently transfer funds in the 20 African countries where the bank has operations.
Imagine this, you live in Nigeria, and you will like to send money to a family member or friend living in Ghana. You can send them your Nigerian Naira and they will withdraw the Ghana cedi equivalent at any UBA branch in Ghana.
What’s more? you can send funds to people who don’t even have a UBA bank account, they can then withdraw with your unique pin and a valid means of identification in their country of residence. This is an especially easy means of sending cross border funds to underbanked people living in rural areas.
- Speed: Funds are instantly credited to the beneficiary’s account. It does not take days to process payments.
- Non-restrictive: The service is available to both account and non-account holders.
- Pan-African: The service is available across 20 African countries and to both UBA account holders and non account holders.
- Cancellation/Refund: Customers can cancel, modify and request refunds for unpaid transfers.
- All withdrawals can only be done at the bank except in the following countries where Africash sub agents are available; Cameroon, Congo, Ghana, Senegal, and Tanzania.
- Does not support international currencies like USD, GBP and EUR. Only local African currencies.
- Not available in the UK, US and Europe where most Africans receive funds from.
How to To Receive Money with UBA Africash
- Visit any UBA branch with a valid means of identification and PIN Code provided by the Sender
- Complete the Africash ‘Receive Form’ to collect cash.
- Or simply Send your UBA account number to the sender to receive money directly into your account
UBA Account holders:
- – Bank Verification Number (BVN) or
- – Current/Savings Accounts with UBA.
Non-account holders without BVN: any valid means of identity in your country, including any of:
- – International Passport
- – Driver’s License
- – National Identity Card.
- – Voter’s ID Card.
Frequently asked questions FAQ
Which countries can I receive money from using UBA Africash?
Any of the 20 African countries where UBA operates in, including:
Africash is online real-time. The beneficiary gets money instantly
The service can be used to send and receive money across UBA locations in Africa. Simply visit any UBA branch or agent locations across Africa and ask to send money with Africash.
Yes, Africash senders can request to modify, cancel or get a refund on unprocessed transactions only.
Can I change my beneficiary details on a transfer?
Yes, beneficiary details can be changed as long as the transfer has not been processed simply visit the branch the transaction was initiated to complete and submit a modification form.